Project and Operations Associate
Grow Progress helps some of the largest progressive campaigns and consultants change the minds of more voters.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team that’s pioneering a new approach to persuasion: giving our customers the power to persuade more people based on how they think — not just how they look.
If you want to make a big social impact and grow your skill set by helping to build new products from the ground up, we hope you’ll apply.
Who We Are
Grow Progress gives our customers the power to persuade more people by tailoring their messages to match each audience member’s identity. We help customers harness the latest persuasion science to create messaging that’s typically 200% to 500% more effective than their existing ads. We do this by predicting which personality traits and values are most important to each individual based on their digital footprints.
- We’ve built a powerful testing platform that offers campaigns unprecedented access to run randomized controlled trials to be able to more quickly test a wider variety of messages. This capability powers campaigns, causes, and companies that make the world a better place. We currently work with many of the biggest Democratic pollsters, marketing agencies, advocacy groups, and labor unions in the country.
- We’re a team of experienced campaigners and data scientists who are obsessed with harnessing the power of evidence to make social good advocates more effective. We’re ambitious, efficient, low-ego, and we like to make each other laugh.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead the successful delivery of some of the company’s most essential projects. You’ll develop an understanding of customer needs and deliverables, working directly with them and our data science and engineering teams to ensure we exceed their expectations. You’ll be organizing our team to meet goals stress-free and responsible for contributing specific components within these multifaceted projects.
Demand for our product and services has been growing quickly, so we expect there to be an opportunity for you to grow on the job and try new things. We’re open to your responsibilities expanding into a range of broader roles in functions like customer success, procurement, business operations, and product.
Who We’re Looking For
As part of our team, you will:
- Partner with our executive team to talk to clients and articulate clear deliverables that realize client expectations
- Set up, execute, and monitor message survey experiments with the support of the Data Science team
- Support customers in tailoring their messages
- Explain research results
- Conduct customer interviews and deliver insights to our Product team
- Advocate internally for client needs
- Anticipate project risks and identify solutions
- Partner with our Sales team to invoice clients and track the economics of client work
- Support ad hoc operations projects and lead new initiatives
- Build institutional knowledge by documenting project best practices, pit falls, etc.
- Everything else. It’s a startup!
You’ll bring the following skills and experience:
- Passion and experience with data and analytics projects
- Experience managing client projects
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate quantitative results clearly to non-technical audiences
- Strong time management, organization, and project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple workstreams, deadlines, and stakeholders
- Proactive mindset, anticipating what will be needed rather than requiring direction
- US work authorization
- Progressive values and an interest in politics
You have some of the following bonus skills:
- Experience working with campaigns or advocacy organizations
- Ease with digital marketing and social media advertising platforms
- Knowledge of best practices in political science or psychology
- Experience creating slide decks and/or data visualizations for clients
- Familiarity with online survey platforms, market research tools, or market research vendors
More About Grow Progress
Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We aim to cultivate an environment where creative hypotheses and evidence drive our decisions rather than just anecdotes, and where everyone feels comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise. We work hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful. We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and committed to using this technology ethically, so we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. Qualified people of any race, ethnicity, culture, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, social class, marital status, religion, veteran status, or disability status are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $50k – $70k plus equity and benefits, including but not limited to healthcare reimbursements, HSA setup, and a 401(k).
Location: Washington, DC or Remote
To Apply: Fill out the form at the link below. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.