Lead Product Designer
Grow Progress is hiring a Lead Product Designer to build cutting-edge persuasion technology for social good.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team that’s pioneering a new approach to persuasion: giving our customers the power to persuade more people based on how they think — not just how they look.
If you want to make an impact by building products from the ground up, we hope you’ll apply.
Who We Are
- Grow Progress gives our customers the power to persuade more people by tailoring their messages to match each audience member’s identity. We help customers harness the latest persuasion science to create messaging that’s typically 200% to 500% more effective than their existing ads. We do this by predicting which personality traits and values are most important to each individual based on their digital footprints.
- We’re using this tech to super-power campaigns, causes, and companies that make the world a better place. We currently work with many of the biggest Democratic pollsters, marketing agencies, advocacy groups, and labor unions in the country.
- We’re a team of experienced campaigners, engineers, and data scientists who are obsessed with harnessing the power of evidence to make social good advocates more effective. We’re ambitious, efficient, low-ego, and we like to make each other laugh.
About the Position
As an early stage startup, we're looking for a strong generalist: some who has a broad set of strategy, interaction design, and visual design skills — rather than someone who is particularly skilled in just one area.
You’ll work with our team of engineers and data scientists to build a completely new way to persuade people. As our first design hire, you will own the UI and UX of all our product surfaces. You’ll be responsible for turning highly complicated flows into beautiful, simple experiences. You'll be working on a variety of design challenges and will be involved in early-stage research, ideation, implementation, and iteration.
We expect that the ideal candidate is likely to have 5-10 years of experience as a UX, UI, or Product Designer, but don't let that stop you if you have more years under your belt and you're still interested.
Here’s a bit more about how you’ll spend your time:
- Making our dashboard an intuitive but deeply insightful experience for users with varying degrees of technical savvy
- Redesigning our existing products to fit better together
- Getting to better understand our users by driving our user research
- Working with the product and executive teams to flesh out product ideas into defined user experience
- Rapidly prototyping and evaluating new product ideas that can drive new growth
- Collaborating with our client success team to user-test new prototypes and QA new features
- Sketching and storyboarding user flows to define key interactions
- Developing a unified design language and a design pattern library, so that designers and engineers can work from templates instead of creating from scratch every time
- You possess both visual design and interaction design skills
- You have experience designing and conducting user studies and usability testing
- You have proficiency with design related software to produce mockups and prototypes (Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite)
- You are excited to share a portfolio of representative work demonstrating the above skills
- You have the ability to think critically and design solutions with business and user goals in mind
- You have experience working with engineers to implement your designs
- You have strong communication skills to help translate user needs for coworkers on our engineering and data science teams, who will need your guidance and feedback to implement your designs
- You’re comfortable with uncertainty, testing hypotheses, quick changes of direction, and being opinionated but flexible in a startup environment
- You’re comfortable balancing attention to detail with timely delivery of designs
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- You have US work authorization
- You have progressive values (obviously)
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or a related subject
- Experience working on B2B software products
- Experience bringing a new software product to market
- Experience in data visualization
- Front end development skills
More About Grow Progress
Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We aim to cultivate an environment where data drives our decisions rather than just anecdotes, and where everyone feels comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise. We work hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful. We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and committed to using this technology ethically, so we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
We’re also committed to building a diverse company. We’re an equal opportunity employer. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, cultures, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, languages, social class, marital status, religions, veteran status, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: DC preferred, remote for the right candidate. Everyone on our team is currently remote.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $110,000 plus equity, depending on skill level, location, and experience.
To Apply: Fill out the form at the link below. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Please note that if you email your resume to our team directly rather than applying through the link below, you will not be considered for the position.